Thursday, February 23, 2012

Baby Hairs

When I was pregnant, both times, I could get heartburn from crackers, from water, from antacids.  According to the Old Wives' Tale Storybook, that meant my babies would have hair.  Now, normally I am not one who puts too much stock in old wives' tales as I know plenty of people who had heartburn just as bad as mine whose babies were born as bald as Jean-Luc Picard.  Then I gave birth to this:

Which looked like this at 2 months:

Who, by 6 months old looked like this:

And by a year and a half was sporting THIS:

When she was born with the mop, EVERYONE said "It'll fall out and come back in blonde."  And here we are, over two years later and after cutting 4" off a New Years, my 2 and a half year old has brown hair to the middle of her back, still.  Never once did a strand fall out, and nor did it turn blonde.

   When I was pregnant with #2, we wondered what we would do if she was born bald.  I mean, very few babies sport coifs like The Squirt, but we figured if Niblet was bald, we'd buy her a baby wig like Suzanne Sugarbaker in Designing Women.  So when this girl was born, we were a bit relieved:

At first we were kind of excited because we thought maybe she'd have curls... but it turns out, she is a hedgehog.
And we like our hedgehog mighty fine.

1 comment:

  1. Hedgehogs make me squee, but *your* hedgehog is even cuter! I didn't think it was possible, but I was wrong :-)

    ReplyDelete