Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The One Where I Laughed A Lot

Today I had a cherubic little friend who kept calling me "Miss Teacher Person."  Well, I grew tired of it, and invited him to come talk to me during snack time.  I told him that if I could remember his name, that it would be very nice if he could remember mine, too.  Here's how that went....(changing first name for privacy purposes)

Me:  Georgie, if I can remember your name, don't you think you could remember mine?
Georgie: No, maybe not.

Ok.... well, then later on the guidance counselor was checking the bus roster on his bus to make sure everyone was where they should be.  When she got to Georgie, she asked him what his name was.

Georgie:  Georgie Davis.
Counselor: Georgie Davis?  I don't see anyone on the list named Georgie Davis?  Are you sure your last name is Davis?
Georgie: Yes, I'm Georgie Davis.
Counselor:  Do you mean you're in Mrs. Davis' class?
Georgie:  Yeah.

Well, so I think we've solved the problem of him forgetting MY name.  The question remains as to whether or not he knows who HE is.

No comments:

Post a Comment