Friday, September 23, 2011

So much for a career in the ministry

I have one little friend who is very outgoing, friendly, etc.... so much so that we'd joked that he had a future as either a Baptist preacher or a politician.  Yesterday, however, I believe he disqualified himself from the ministry.....


You see, we were making our "Brown is a bear" page for our color book and everyone was decorating their bear.  I demonstrated, adding a face, a shirt, pants, shoes and an iPod to my own bear (I can't keep things simple, you know.....LOL).  So they start in on their bears, most of which look remarkably like my own because Kindergarteners have huge imaginations when it comes to making excuses for why they did something, but very little when it comes to art.  Then I get to this one friend and after doing a double take, I have to ask him to tell me about it.  Because to my eyes, the bear is wearing a crop top and a g-string.

His answer?  His bear was "trashy like that lady at the beach."

Rightly so, sir. 

6 comments:

  1. Given the track record of some of the most prominent preachers and politicians, I'd have to say he's right on track...

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should probably add that I made him go back and add more pants to his bear. I could let the crop top roll, though.

    ReplyDelete