Thursday, October 13, 2011

Education! It's not just daycare anymore!

Yep, 2 in one day.... I'm all thinky-like.

Lest I be labeled as an ungrateful curmudgeon, I ought to share some things that make me come back to my classroom every day.....

Like one little chickie who showed up on Sept. 6 without knowing a single letter, a single color, how to spell or even recognize her name, or even how to hold scissors..... girlfriend actually WROTE a couple of words, kindergarten style, in her journal today.  That tells me I've accomplished something.

One other little guy taking a second stab at kindergarten successfully made a pattern today with his beans.  First time ever without one-on-one guidance through the process.

A group of happy little faces on my carpet who are excited about sharing what they wrote in their journals this morning about "What I like to Eat in the Fall," because they stretched out "corndog" and spelled it "kordok" or spelled "apple" as  "abl" and they know I will be over the moon excited about that.

I show up for that stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment